bSI Use Case Management
Start a new project
Quick Guide for Project Leaders
Aim and Scope
The quick guide shall give project leaders step by step introduction how a project is organized, and which measures are necessary to start, develop and publish a project
- USER - participant of the project team
- PL - project leader
- ADMIN - Administrator of the organization, I which the project is executed (local administration)
- UCM PMO - Use Case Management Project Management Office (global administration)
The UCM service enables the different organizations of buildingSMART International and external companies to manage own tenants
A new project starts with a request from the project leader to the responsible UCM administrator. Based on the focus of your project, contact one of the following administrators
bSI Rooms / bSI Projects / bSI activity teams
- All buildingSMART International activities are managed by the Management Office of buildingSMART International (bSI MO)
- Various chapters of buildingSMART offer their members the opportunity to develop their projects under the leadership of the bS Chapter
- If there is no active chapter, please contact the UCM Project Management Office (UCM PMO)
Companies, associations and institutions
- Companies, associations and institutions can acquire a UCM tenant.
- International companies contact the buildingSMART International Management Office (bSI MO).
- National companies contact an active chapter directly. If no chapter exists, contact the UCM Project Management Office (UCM PMO).
The project leader and the administrator define the terms & conditions and the framework for the project.
The administrator sets up the necessary project structures in the Co-Creation Space and gives the project leader the access to his project
Team member registration
- To gain access to the Co-Creation Space, a user must register on the UCM website.
- The project manager ensures that all team members are registered.
- A project is always assigned to a tenant (organization) and can only be edited in this tenant.
- If a participant is registered under another organization, such as another chapter, the user must be assigned to the additional organization. To do this, contact the UCM PMO and specify which person should be assigned to which organization
Set-up creation space
The project manager (or the administrator) add one or more new documents
UCM Training website > TRAINING/CREATE NEW PROJECT
To create a document, the following information is required:
- English and additional local languages
- e.g. ISO22263 and/or local life cycle phases
- e.g. ISO 19650-1:2018 / OmniClass Table 33
After selecting the lifecycle stages and disciplines, the structure of the document is created automatically. Therefore, after the first saving a change is no longer possible. If the lifecycle stages or disciplines have been selected incorrectly, the document must be created again.
The project manager informs the administrator about the participants of the project group. The following information is required:
- Last name, first name, e-mail
- Project leader (write rights, can edit comments)
- Team member (read rights / can comment)
The administrator assigns the access rights for all documents
The administrator informs the project leader that now all participants of the project group have access and the project can be started.
The user can access the document by the EDIT button. If EDIT is not visible, access rights have not been assigned. Contact the administrator for support
Project execution & publication
The project manager develops his project according to the given structures
Upon project completion, the project manager will inform the administrator. The administrator carries out a formal quality check. The project manager is responsible for the technical content. In addition, the tags are defined under which the document can be filtered on the UCM website.
The document is published by the administrator and is available on the UCM website.
Interim project results can also be published. The same procedure as mentioned above applies.